Thursday 6 October 2016

Learner Response

WWW: This is a fantastic start to Media – well done! I particularly like your honesty in the first post – you didn’t choose Media but you’re willing to make the best of it! Well, for someone who didn’t pick the subject your opening blog posts are highly impressive. The fruit bowl is stunningly creative, the film poster analysis shows insight and uses media terminology impressively. Similarly, your Minority Report analysis shows a good understanding of camerawork and, most importantly, the effect this has on the audience. You are right to aim for an A/A*!

EBI: Your LIAR film poster analysis is very good and shows an impressive understanding of all the key concepts except representation. This is the trickiest concept and we will be covering it later in the year for Assignment 2. We also need to work on the depth of our analysis: over time you’ll need to be writing in more detailed paragraphs that offer the depth required for A* (this will be particularly important in the Assignment 2 essay after Christmas). Writing high-level analysis means exploring the different possible interpretations that audiences may take from a media product such as a film poster.


LR: Reflect on your first month of Media. What do you feel is your strongest piece of work so far? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?


LEARNER RESPONSE
So far in Media I believe my Story board is my strongest piece of work. This is because I think my analysis and explanation is the best for this piece of work. I think my weakest piece of work is my LIAR film poster. This is because my analysis is quite basic and doesn't go into much detail. Over the rest of the course I need to practice on the depth of my analysis work in order to boost my grade. I also need to think about other peoples interpretations of film posters ect and not just my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment